Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program. DPAA volunteers are made up of a diverse group of people including working professionals, college students, military, retirees and teens.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact our Volunteer Service Program Manager via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
GENERAL or VOLUNTEER INTERN: Under the guidance of Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA) Voluntary Services Program (VSP) offers opportunities for those who are interested in becoming a General Volunteer or Volunteer Intern.
The added benefits of the Voluntary Services Program (VSP) include:
- Experience enhances your ability in current and future job endeavors or academic studies.
- Exposure to new and emerging occupations and professions.
- For interns, academic credit for the work you perform.
What are the Eligibility Requirements to become a general volunteer or volunteer intern?
GENERAL VOLUNTEER REQUIRMENTS:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain background check/security clearance.
INTERN VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must apply to the program by submitting an application packet in a PDF file (cover letter, resume or CV and a copy of unofficial transcripts) via e-mail to email@example.com
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Enrolled, at least half-time, in an accredited high school or trade school, technical or vocational school, junior community college, four-year college or university, or any other accredited educational institution
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 on a 4.0 GPA scale
- Must be able to obtain and maintain background check/security clearance
ACTIVE DUTY SHORT-TERM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Deployable active duty military are needed to serve as qualified volunteers to fill critical functions across the globe. Volunteering to support humanitarian field activities as a short-term individual augmentee gives you an extraordinary opportunity to exercise your skills and expertise while directly supporting our nation's promise to leave no one behind from past conflicts. Individuals interested in applying their skills and experience in a unique environment can volunteer for open positions supporting the US Military in foreign theaters.
Dwight Bollinger, M.D., volunteering at the DPAA laboratory, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.
Brianna Petersen, a student intern, conducting research at the DPAA laboratory, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska.